I am always interested in learning what financially successful people think about wealth and money so that I can learn from their successes and failures. I suggest you also read 3 Lessons from Rich Dad Poor Dad. In this weeks Friday Minute, I have provided brief commentary on five peoples thoughts on wealth and money.
1. Dave Ramsey on work and money
“We learned early on that if we help enough people, the money will come.” – Dave Ramsey
TWF: Do you have a skill or a product that can make people’s lives better? That’s probably your key to making money.
2. Charles Schwab on working for money’s sake Ever notice how the people who seem to get ahead in life are the ones who are passionate about what they’re doing? “The man who does not work for the love of work but only for money is not likely to make money nor find much fun in life.” – Charles Schwab
TWF: There’s a big connection there. People will always pay for the combination of passion and skill.
3. Henry Ward Beecher on the measure of a person I would far rather hang out with a great person without much money than an awful person with a lot of money. “He is rich or poor according to what he is, not according to what he has.” – Henry Ward Beecher
TWF: You can decide for yourself who is worth paying attention to.
4. FDR on money and effort I’m happiest not when I’m making money, but when I’m creating something. “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
TWF: Money is a nice reward that comes later. It’s the act of doing something that’s exhilirating.
5. Emerson on the reality of money People often seem nostalgic for the great times of the past. In truth, though, the past wasn’t really all that better than today. As humans, we tend to remember the good times and forget the bad ones, so the past often looks pretty good. “Can anybody remember when the times were not hard and money not scarce?” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
TWF: One can never really roll back the clock to some earlier great times. Instead, we have to move forward and remain positive about the future.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.