Trying to be continuously motivated is tough. When you don't feel motivated it simply means that the thought of what you are intending to do is not compelling enough for you to move. From my experience this is because of one reason: The thought of what you plan to do appears too vast in your mind, which creates the feeling which is the opposite to motivation – overwhelm.
What you are planning to do is not associated enough to a compelling outcome. This occurs frequently if the outcome you are working towards is too far into the future. For example, if you set a financial freedom goalof owning 10 real estate investments, do not plan to achieve your goal in 12 months. This is unrealistic, unless you win the lottery.
Successful people will tell you that they use a “system” or tools to keep them motivated. They use these tools to turn their ideas into reality. The majority of times this will involve having to do something consistently and regularly to move them closer to their outcome.
Here are some steps I use to achieve my short and long term goals:
1. I set a compelling outcome that is not too far into the future and has me feeling excited about taking action. An example is to have my book completed by September.
2. What is the pivotal driver in creating the outcome? This is the most important factor required in order to move me closer towards the outcome. Example: “Write for 20 minutes every day.
3. What does the process look like? An hour before I start writing I make a cup of tea, wait for it to cool down, turn off the internet, open up Word, take a deep breath, start writing. This part turns my outcome into concrete processes.
4. Be clear where your peak points are throughout the day. These are the times of the day when you find you work best. For me it is late in the evening when it is quiet.
5. Do it consistently until it becomes a natural process. I feel a gap if i do not write regularly. It is now part of my psyche.
When you take out the need to feel motivated to do what is required to achieve your goal a weird phenomenon occurs; you actually do the work that you would do if you consciously felt motivated anyway.
Because motivation is a process that occurs outside of your awareness anyway, it is not meant to be thought about.
So if you have a goal and it gets you excited, start moving, start doing and let motivation take care of itself.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.